Today we are experiencing increasing levels of uncertainty, complexity, and instability at work, in our personal lives and in society. We need a different approach and new resources to face the challenges of rapidly evolving scenarios.
In this situation, it is necessary to make choices with more clarity, courage, and creativity, in tune with our authentic being, without relying on external rules or guidelines. We also need to develop our relationships and find a better way to connect with others to create a sense of stability and serenity for ourselves and the people we care about.
If we make space for Self-Leadership, we find ourselves in a state of greater presence and wisdom in which we can more easily experience qualities such as: Clarity, Compassion, Connection, Calm, Creativity, Curiosity, Playfulness, Trust, Strength, and Courage. This is the reason why today – more than ever – it is important to develop Self-Leadership.
Self-Leadership enables us to:
- Have greater awareness of all the parts of our inner world, which define who we are;
- Develop and integrate our resources so that we can express our talents;
- Transform inner conflicts, obstacles and repetitive patterns which limit the expression of our life energy;
- Bring harmony to our inner world, so that all our parts can work together for our benefit;
- Guide our parts so that we can master our lives rather than being driven by those parts that often repeat old patterns, which are no longer useful. As a music conductor guides the orchestra to play beautiful music, we can guide our inner parts to fully express ourselves in life.
Self-Leadership helps us to live with greater awareness and harmony both in the external system – our relationships and our projects in the world – and in the internal system – every part of ourselves that makes us who we are.
The practical result of developing Self-Leadership is a higher level of presence and flexibility in behaviour that allows you to respond to situations rather than react, thus overcoming undesirable, automatic behaviours.
To develop Self-Leadership we can use both Constellations and Internal Family Systems (IFS).